Announcements

To contact me, please email tiffanykaydesigns(at)yahoo(dot)com

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Quick finish

One of my favorite people is moving. :( Granted it is only ten minutes away, but still, when she has been 5 houses down from me and won't be anymore, it's really sad for me. We both taught the teenage girls at church and she is so much fun. A few weeks ago she casually asked me if I would make her a sock monkey because she had always wanted one, but her mom wouldn't go for it. I had the arms and tail added to a body, but no face or ears, or clothes. When she finalized on her house, I knew EXACTLY what I wanted to do for her. I finished the ears, mouth, and eyes, and it took a little bit to decide what to do for the clothes.

But then, I came up with this. I loved it so much, it was hard for me to give it away. Definitely one of my favorites. The icing on the cake was when I gave it to her, she actually CRIED. Oh my! I cried a little bit and it really helped me know that she loved it.



And I'm linking up to Finish it up Friday, over at Crazy Mom Quilts and the weekend link party at Family Ever After


1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, I would have a hard time parting too... but now yo u have a great reason to go visit a lot!! Adorable!!

    ReplyDelete