Announcements

To contact me, please email tiffanykaydesigns(at)yahoo(dot)com

Monday, October 25, 2010

BEWARE!!!

My goal this week is to post a new craft project every day for Halloween either for your home, or kids, or both. Here's the first one.


I scored this skull and cross bones at Michael's for $1.99.

First I removed the hanging wire from the top of the cross bones. I laid out newspaper so I wouldn't get white paint all over my "fancy" kitchen table. And painted the skull/cross bones white and the plaque black. I just poured the paint directly on the newspaper. I painted the front and sides of both and painted the wire white as well.

While the sign was drying I found some White 2" iron-on letters I had in my stash from SEI.
Then in random places I clipped out chunks of the letters to make it more scary.


To finish I sanded down the sides of the plaque a little, ironed on the letters (make sure to follow manufacturer's directions), inked the outside of the skeleton SEI Tobacco Ink, and replaced the wire.

I decided to put "Beware" on the side so it can double for Pirate party decorations. Clever, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment