Announcements

To contact me, please email tiffanykaydesigns(at)yahoo(dot)com

Saturday, November 24, 2012

Polka Dots and Dragonflies, and Butterflies, Oh My!

I love this blanket!. It's rare that I do a piece of work with such a strong attachment to it, but I really am having a hard time deciding who to give this quilt to, or to just finish it and hold on to it, hoping for one day to have a baby girl I can give it to since it's a crib size. I love the butterflies and the polka dots, and the pink and black and white color scheme. The best part was, it was all made out of fabric I already had. I had originally bought much of the pink and black fabric for a different quilt, but the way I had it pictured in my mind just wasn't going  to when the fabric was all laid out. Thus the idea for this one was born. The dragonflies butterflies are actually iron-ons. Some of the butterflies and all of the dragonflies came from a sheet of pre-made iron-ons from SEI and others were done using the LPF. When it is all said and done I'm hoping to make this my first stitch-in-the-ditch quilt. I generally tie my quilts, but felt that the yarn would overshadow the cuteness of this. Now that I have finally figured out how to drop the feed dogs on my machine after FIVE YEARS, quilting so go much faster. 

Close up of the butterflies and dragonflies.
Linking up to Crazy Mom Quilts

No comments:

Post a Comment