Announcements

To contact me, please email tiffanykaydesigns(at)yahoo(dot)com

Friday, November 30, 2012

Did someone say elephants?

If you are reading this Meagan stop right now. You have to wait until Saturday!!

Have I mentioned before there would be a lot of baby showers coming up in the next few months? I know about 18 women that are all pregnant right now. When I say about that's because I lost track after 16. I had two this week. Three I guess if you count the double baby shower on Tuesday night as two. I whipped out these onesies in an hour after work. One of them had a boy, and the other one is having a girl and is due in about 3 weeks. I love the little pink skirt. I call it the "30 minute skirt". The butterfly I had on hand from my days working at the scrapbooking store, and the bow tie I free handed. Not too shabby, huh? Thanks to my sister for the suggestion.



I guess you can call this week a huge dose of quick finishes. This blanket is for the other baby shower on Saturday. I am going to finish it tonight. The elephants I cut out on the LPF using the Animal Kingdom cartridge and dark brown iron-on sheets from SEI. I just love them. My goal for the coming year is to use all my scraps before I buy more fabric. This is one such project. The fabric isn't quite a full-on crib size. It's about 44x54" but I figure a newborn is going to be super small and it will take him a couple of years at least to grow out of it, so I'm solid. I wish I had more of the green fabric to break it up a bit, but I tied it with multi colored yarn so it will still look cute. I learned tonight that I still have a lot of learning on my machine before I try to quilt on it, so tying it will have to do. The back is solid dark brown to tie it all in together. I can't wait to give it to her.


I just love the elephants. I think they are just so cute.


Linking up to Finish it Up Fridays with Amanda Jean. I'm so glad she started doing these again. It really motivates me to finish things up.

No comments:

Post a Comment